Thursday, October 26, 2006

Welcome Elliana Grace

ELLIANA GRACE KING



Little Elliana Grace joined us at 8:27 AM Tuesday October 24th. She weighed 7.1 lbs and was 20 3/4 inches long. I am trying to get pictures but bloger.com is having server issues. I will try again tomorrow.

Here are a couple of details and funny stories of the day. We got to the hospital at 6:00 AM. We went right to our room and they got us moving and got Amy ready for the c-section. Our delivery nurse walked in and introduced herself. I knew she looked familiar but it took a second to figure out from where... She was the same nurse that delivered Micah. Amy and I were both very excited to see her because she was great and made our first experience there great.

The hospital assigns a "Daddy Sitter" for the fathers of a c-section baby... just in case they oh lets say faint. I would not know anything about that oh wait, maybe I do, I think my memory of that part is a little blurry. All I know, is about half way through the c-section, the room got REALLY REALLY hot and it started to spin. I know that it was not me so I asked if anyone else thought it was hot. The nurse grabbed my camera and told me to put my head between my knees. When I asked for water one of the doctors got me a syringe filled with water... it was the best he could find. To add insult to injury they gave me the oxygen that Amy was using and the nurse that took my camera started to laugh and say "oh we HAVE to have a picture of this"

Micah is doing well with the changes... So far. He came to the hospital twice on Tuesday when Ellie was born. Every time someone came into the room he would say "Do you want to see my baby?" When the pediatrician came in he was not happy with her. He was not sure what they were doing to "his baby" so he watched very closely. He loves his sister and says her name a lot. He has to ask mom or dad if he can touch her and then he gives her a kiss or he pets her head. So far so good. Oh yah and Cooper, or dumb dog as I call him, likes her to.

P.S. for my co-workers at Select Comfort. Our nurse wore pink CROCS!



4 comments:

Aaron Erickson said...

Pink Crocs. THAT'S BECAUSE THE NURSE WAS A FEMALE.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations AJ and Amy! We're excited that Ellie is here. We can't wait to meet her.

Anonymous said...

Congrats Team King! Glad all went well with the delivery.

With Love,
Team Maranell

Anonymous said...

How cute is she? I am so excited to have another Ellie in my life. Send more pics soon...love you all!