Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Micah's sleep-over

I forgot my camera! Arrgh! I realized this when I was in the car on the way to pick up Micah from a sleepover at his great-grandma's house. So I have no pictures to post, just stories to tell. Micah got to have a very special sleepover at great-grandma's (Mugs) house last night. Just for the fun of it! Mugs wanted to have him stay over and she had all sorts of fun activities for them to do. She bought Micah his very own tennis racket and new tennis balls and they got to play tennis last night and again this morning. Micah told me on the phone last night, "You know mom, I'm a pretty good tennis player." I watched him play this morning and he did a great job hitting the ball. And he had fun. They also watched a kids' football game last night and got to play at the park. As they were headed back inside they saw a snapping turtle, which Micah was very excited about. I was also told that "the water sparkled like jewels" referring to the creek that runs by the park at Mugs. This morning Micah got to have donuts, sausage, and a juice box for breakfast. They played hide-the-button (just what it sounds like, a game that AJ used to play with Mugs when he was a kid). They played tennis some more and when Ellie and I got there we played at the park for a while. Micah also got his choice of lunch and chose to pick up McDonald's and eat it back at Mugs' house. Then we headed home and he took a long nap! It was fun for AJ and I to see how much fun he had and to see that he was ready to go with no hesitation. Just a wave and a "see you later". He's growing up so fast!

No comments: